Another salad is a dish that cannot be missed during festivities. And housewives often make happy family members in everyday life. When guests arrive, they find new recipes, taste new dishes, and experiment with food. But do not forget about the ordinary and popular salad prepared by my grandmother. Relevant in any case and never boring.
To each of us from childhood, “Under a herring coat”, “Mimosa”, “Olivier” and other popular salads. The recipe has been tested over the years. You can read about dishes known in our country in this article.
The salad received a magnificent name from its creator – an American chef with Italian roots named Caesar Cardini. As the chef himself said, this dish was created on July 4, 1924, on Independence Day. Visitors to the restaurant almost spoiled the food, and had to prepare salads from leftovers in the refrigerator.
The recipe is somewhat different from the original version. This is due to the fact that there are differences in kitchens and products between different countries. Despite such a popular salad as “Caesar”, it is often prepared in domestic restaurants and at home festive tables.
Caesar Salad Ingredients
- 100 g of Parmesan;
- 300 g Chicken fillet;
- 200 g Salad;
- 200 g of One loaf.
For roasting you need to prepare chicken and rusks:
- Garlic cloves;
- Olive oil.
To make a sauce for filling the salad, you will need:
- 2 Eggs;
- 1 tbsp. l. Mustard;
- 1 tbsp. l. Lemon juice;
- 1 tsp. Vinegar;
- 100 ml of olive oil;
- garlic Cloves.
In addition to the above ingredients, pepper and salt are added.
First, all the ingredients are prepared.
- Squeeze the garlic in a small amount of oil and infuse for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, the bread is cut into small cubes. Then it is fried in butter with garlic until golden brown.
- Chicken fillet is cut and placed on a heated frying pan with olive oil. Fry in oil until ready. After the chicken is not too dry, after the appearance of a crusty crust, you need to add a little water and let it go.
Next, refueling is being prepared. To do this, follow these steps:
- Squeeze garlic cloves in olive oil and infuse for 10-15 minutes.
- Rub the mustard with the boiled egg yolks, then add the lemon juice, vinegar, garlic oil, salt and pepper to the mixture.
- All of this is mixed until a consistent consistency is achieved.
Tears and put your hands under the platelettuce leaves. You need to put crackers in it and put chicken fillet. Next, lettuce is poured over the prepared dressing. Finely grate the Parmesan cheese and sprinkle on top.
Here are the salads and preparations. Available in multi-layered configurations or all ingredients can be mixed. The most popular salads are cooked according to the “Caesar” principle and are sometimes served with pieces of shrimp, anchovies or salmon instead of chicken.
Salad “Olivier” is the most famous and popular dish in our country. Perhaps, the New Year or any other holiday can not do without it. This salad is very nutritious and delicious. Besides, this salad consists of cheap ingredients. It was completely different at first.
In the distant 1960s, he was created by French chef Lucien Olivier working in a Moscow restaurant. The original salad recipe is still unknown to anyone, as the chef kept it under the strictest secrecy. Perhaps there were capers, caviar and other expensive products. Ordinary hostesses have modified it beyond recognition and swapped parts with the cheaper ones. And since then, the Olivier variation is the most popular salad in our country.
Olivier Salad Ingredients
- 6 Potatoes;
- 300 g of low-fat meat;
- 2 Pickled cucumbers;
- 3 Carrots;
- 4 Eggs;
- A bottle of green peas.
Dressed in salad and mayonnaise. Salt and pepper are added to taste.
Eggs are hard boiled. Carrots and potatoes are not peeled until cooked. Meat must also be boiled. All this is cooled, cleaned and cut into cubes. In the same way, onions and cucumbers are sprinkled. Add peas, salt and pepper. Mix salad mayonnaise and clothes well. When it comes to organizing and decorating “Olivier”, everyone acts independently. Many housewives love to serve their popular salad in its original form.
A wonderful dish – Greek salad – is a real storehouse of vitamins and other nutrients. Bright, bright, fresh and tasty, it has long won the hearts of our compatriots. They can be decorated and diversified into daily meals and festivities.
This salad has long been known all over the world. By the way, the Greeks themselves call it “rural”, as the peasants prepared. They have added the product to popular salads in their garden. In the 19th century, Greek settlers brought recipes that spread throughout America.
Greek Salad Ingredients
- 500 g Sweet tomatoes;
- 400 g Cucumbers;
- 350 g Bell pepper;
- 150 g Olives;
- 150 g Purple onion;
- 200 g of Sheep feta cheese.
To fill the salad you will need:
- 5 tbsp. l. olive oil;
- 2 tbsp. l. lemon juice;
- Greens (oregano, oregano or basil).
- Tomatoes and cucumbers cut into large cubes, onions – translucent, Bulgarian pepper – squares. Olives are added to the greens and mixed lightly. The top is made of cubic cheese.
- For dressing, you can taste olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour the resulting salad over the salad and sprinkle with medicinal herbs.
- The dish itself looks very bright and beautiful. So it really doesn’t need any additional decoration. If desired, you can lay it on top of lettuce and garnish with thin slices of lemon.
So, in this article, we will show you how to prepare a popular salad. Write them down, so you will always have two proven plates in stock that will appeal to guests and household members.